Welcome to paranoia week! Focusing on work is going to be a big challenge as your mind keeps drifting to Saturday and on every run those little buggers doubt and fear are going to want to torment you.
You have done the hard work, your body knows what to do, silence those voices of doubt, chest out, superhero grin on, You’ve got this!
Here are 10 basics to keep you focused:
- Stay off your feet!
- Trust your body!
- Remind yourself of those long runs where you felt strong.
- Don’t overthink your race.
- Stick to foods that you are used to.
- Stick to the race nutrition strategy (and product!) you have rehearsed.
- Talk about something other than the race (at least now and then)!
- Go to bed early on Thursday night.
- Triple check that your timing chip is on your shoe!
- Encourage your running buddies and enjoy each others race week quirkiness.
Folks, it has been great sharing this journey with you, Run with joy!…because you can!